Monday, April 8, 2013

Welcome to My Spouse Has Epilepsy


Welcome to My Spouse has Epilepsy

Epilepsy Affects more than 3 million Americans with nearly 500 new cases daily. Anyone can suffer from Epilepsy from a baby to a senior citizen age is not a factor with Epilepsy. 1 in 10 people will develop Epilepsy at some point in their life and 1 in 100 people will suffer from a seizure at one point. Epilepsy is widely known but many people are severely lacking in education. Spouses and Family members find themselves more alone than ever when dealing with a loved one that has Epilepsy. 

This Blog is Dedicated to Every Spouse and Family Member that has a loved one diagnosed with Epilepsy.



Some Background Information

My name is Ashley I am 26 years old and my husband is Buddy he is now 29 years old. Buddy was diagnosed at the age of 16 with Wolf Parkinson's White Syndrom as well as Epilepsy. For the first few years of his diagnoses everything seemed to be going perfect. His seizures were controlled and happened very rarely maybe 2 to 4 a year. When we married I was 19 years old he was 21. His seizures seemed fine for a bit and then everything started going down hill from there. 

A few years ago he was diagnosed with Dandy Walker Variant Syndrome something any neurologist should have picked up on years ago, but they did not. So to break down a few things for you. Wolf Parkinson's White Syndrome caused an extra piece of tissue to grow on his heart, he needed an ablasion which corrected this condition, however, the Dandy Walker Variant was a birth defect where not all of the brain developed and this condition will never change. Epilepsy has been a major factor in everything, our lives, daily activities, struggles, finances and more.

By 2009, Buddy no longer could hold a job, his seizures were completely uncontrolled and unpredictable. Not to mention the memory loss he suffered was quite severe. I finally found up the courage to file for his Disability as by now I was taking care of everything. As a wife married to a person with Epilepsy your role has a new meaning.

I was no longer just the wife I was the driver, cook, housekeeper, shopper, appointment maker, errand runner, animal taker, caregiver, and the only source for an income. I was given the total responsibility of having to take care of paying our bills, putting food on our table, clothes on our back, and more. At just a young age a task like this can be very frustrating to say the least.

April 4, 2013 we had our disability hearing scheduled for 10 am. At 8:30 am the phone started ringing off the hook, I jumped up over slept again. Buddy was so stressed he was having seizures on a regular. I didn't bother to pick up the phone, ran straight to the bathroom knowing we only had 30 minutes to get ready and walk out the door. I pulled on my good clothes for court as I knew I was going to testify today. Phone kept ringing. We share the phone with my mother who is our neighbor so she picked up immediately. Took only seconds and she buzzed down saying our attorney was on the phone. 

First thought, Crap we lost, now we have to start over again. The attorney clearly stated, "Go back to bed WE WON!" Our wait was over, but the struggle, changes, difficulties, and more never ends. 


This blog will start from 2006 and bring you to the present allowing you a chance to see the difficulties, struggles, frustrations, and the life of a person diagnosed with Epilepsy as well as the Spouse that handles it all. 

This blog is dedicated to every person who has the same situation or similar. We want you to know You Are Not Alone!

Please Subscribe to our blog at the left of the post. You will then receive updates regularly of when we add new content. 

I hope this helps a spouse out there on the edge and fed up with everything because as you will see I have been there too. This is a struggle I have had to deal with for 7 years but I can honestly tell you it get's easier or least becomes a normal routine able to deal with the stressors.


I look forward to hearing from all of you. Please Feel Free to Comment Any time!

1 comment:


  1. I did what a lot of people do when they want to know more about something. I googled it. I came across Dr ITUA herbal medicine on YouTube so many people thanking him about his good work. My son was epilepsy patent. I wasn’t running all over God’s creation with every man I could find but here I am. I have felt bad about myself for so many years now because of my son epilepsy status. I obviously still have some self-accepting to do but I want to thank Dr Itua for everything he have done for my Son ,after my son taking Dr Itua Herbal medicine my son was completely free from epilepsy within 2 weeks of usage, I think what you are doing is so admirable. you have helped me a lot! I want to definitely reach out to you and thank you for your amazing work. You are a good person, and an extremely talented man. You have helped millions with your herbs, and have really inspired me,and i pray you still continue doing the good work.you can also email him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or WhatsApp Number..+2348149277967 for help also if you are suffering from the list of disease below...Herpes Virus,Epilepsy,Genital Wart,Cold Sore,Hiv/Aids,Infertility(Finding it difficult to conceive) Or Man Infertility,

    ReplyDelete